Re: DPUB module comments

On 09/03/2015 11:21 PM, James Craig wrote:
> I believe the DPUB draft is going to confuse some authors. A few comments below:
> http://rawgit.com/w3c/aria/master/aria/dpub.html
>
> 1. Each of these roles should use the dpub- prefix to avoid confusion and name collision
>     with the main ARIA spec. If they are useful enough for mainstream adoption, we can
>     coordinate the names when the roles are pulled into the main ARIA spec. e.g. dpub-
>     chapter would very likely be adopted as an unprefixed ARIA role "chapter", but "dpub-
>     locator" is still just a link and would likely never be brought into the main spec.
>     Authors can specify these today as role="dpub-locator link" (this is a valid ARIA 1.0
>     syntax) and the UAs will fall back to the link role appropriately, while still allowing
>     parsers access to the dpub-specific role.
We agreed at the 7 January 2015 PF Editors meeting that for DPub we
would waive the normal requirement for new role modules to have a
prefix, because they are coordinating closely with us through the DPub
ARIA task force. We committed to taking care during development, setting
up a collision finding script, and using the ARIA role taxonomy
documentation to help avoid creating similar roles with different names.

Michael