Re: New ED for HTML 5.1

On 27/02/2015 14:34 , Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 2/24/15 7:51 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>>    • We dropped support for splitting the spec. Only a single-page
>> version is now produced.
>
> Why was this done?

With the previous pipeline, splitting was one of the more common causes
of breakage. I wanted to experiment without. Also, as nice as (clearly)
it is for some users, it's orthogonal to the hard part which is to
produce the content.

> Is there a technical reason that there couldn't be a node.js script that
> took the output of spork and produced a split spec?

None.

> If there were documentation on how to set up and run spork, next week I
> could take a stab at writing the code that split the spec.

I can offer better. Not only is there now some documentation (though it
can still be improved), I have also, by popular demand, implemented
splitting :)