Re: CSS Class custom

Leonardo,
I think that the "mailing list for technical discussion on Cascading Style
Sheets (CSS) and its specifications" (www-style@w3.org) is a better place
than HTML mailing list to discuss issues about CSS.
Thus said, I'll offer you my 2 cents, just because.
CSS variables are useful in order to specify repetitive values for
different properties.
For CSS "classes" you have, in fact, classes. Of course I mean HTML @class
attribute, which allows you to apply style properties to different elements
across the document without focusing on their tag name or cascading
inheritance.
CSS selectors are quite complex indeed, between element, class, id,
children and descendants and so on. I don't think that defining a block of
properties to be recycled is really that useful, when you can simply have
it for a specific class selector.
Yours respectfully,
Andrea