Re: Document.createElement: null or HTML namespace?

On 08/10/2014 16:08 , Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 10/8/14, 2:17 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> NB: the spec also claims that XMLDocument.load() is relied upon by
>> content in the wild. Is that really true?
>
> It was last we checked, sadly.
>
>> It's broken almost everywhere
>
> Details?  Lack of UA interop here _could_ indicate that the situation
> has changed.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't get the following to
return anything in Chrome Canary, WebKit nightly, or IE11:

   document.implementation.createDocument(null, null, null).load

Only in Firefox do I get a method, which I can call to actually load
some XML.

If it's used, maybe it's in some really ancient code from before Gecko
supported XHR? How long ago was that?

>> and strikes me a particularly useless.
>
> Insofar as it can be replaced by XMLHttpRequest, you mean?

Yup.