Re: The details element

details/summary was removed from HTML5 REC because it did not have 2
interoperable implementations (like a number of other new features which
were also removed).  It lives on in HTML 5.1 [1]  as there is a reasonable
expectation that interoperable implementations will happen in the timeframe
of 5.1 going to REC (in 2016)

[1]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/interactive-elements.html#the-details-element

--