Re: A missing point in the HTML5 spec

2014-11-04 19:13, Shane McCarron wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I actually think it is sad that this was
> removed, but whatever. The list of things that makes me sad is so long
> adding one more hardly noticeable.

I’m pretty sure it was removed from the HTML5 specification simply due
to lack of implementations. It would be misleading to keep a feature in
a W3C Recommendation when major vendors have been reluctant to implement
it so far, so that authors trying to use it would be seriously disappointed.

The inputmode attribute is still in HTML 5.1 Nightly and will
undoubtedly be declared standard, if there will sufficiently many
sufficiently good implementations.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/