Re: should HTML have a <heading> element?

From: <intelligentdesigner@timgallantcreative.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 08:52:37 -0500
To: "Deblyn Prado" <deblyn@nic.br>, "Detlev Fischer" <fischer@dias.de>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>

|| Other thing: Why not use just one tag for all headers levels and set the
semantic importance by attribute like this

|| <heading semantic=2>This title is the semantically equal of H2
Element</heading>

Well, for one thing, no, because HTML is already supposed to be a semantic
language, and its tags are supposed to be inherently semantic. That's why we
have h1, h2 etc to begin with. Needing to use some sort of attribute
specification would be a step backward, not forward.

Tim Gallant
http://timgallantcreative.com