Re: DOM test suite report, first pass

On 31/03/14 13:21, Robin Berjon wrote:

>    • We need to go through the list with a fine-toothed comb, but it's
> clear that some tests, while valid, shouldn't be there. For instance,
> ProgressEvent isn't defined in the DOM. The "historical" tests check for
> removal of some parts of the DOM that are being investigated for
> removal, but even the spec says that it is not yet clear if they should
> be removed. I think it's asking too much that these be removed. The
> "interface" and "exceptions" failures are in fact WebIDL failures. There
> needs to be more work on the test suite to make it more correct in these
> aspects.

For many of these cases where the test is valid, but it's unreasonable
to use it as an exit requirement, please don't delete the test from the
repository. Instead maintain a list of tests that you don't expect to
use for the Process and the reason that they aren't being used.

Obviously if the tests are broken or buggy they should be fixed.