addTextTrack test bug (Re: HTML5 CR "at risk" features)

On Sun, 2014-04-13 at 14:36 +1000, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> >> I tried to find out from the minutes why addTextTrack is at risk, but
> >> it was only mentioned without reasons.
> >

> > From http://www.w3.org/2014/04/09-html-wg-minutes.html :
> >
> > ... lots of failures on HTMLMediaElement.addTextTrack
> > ... mostly failing at the moment
>
> That's what I saw. I dug around a bit and assume it's based on this test:
> http://w3c.github.io/html/test-results/less-than-2.html#test-file-62
>
> At first sight, I think the test might expect the wrong kinds of errors.
> Will investigate.

The test was incorrect:
 https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/898

It's now fixed:

http://www.w3c-test.org/html/semantics/embedded-content/media-elements/interfaces/HTMLElement/HTMLMediaElement/addTextTrack.html

We now get 8 passes on Chrome and IE at least, with 3 failures due to
wrong exception and wrong handling of undefined parameter. I believe
addTextTrack could be removed from the features at risk.

Philippe