From: Eric Devine
Sent: 4/7/2014 10:11 AM
To: public-html@w3.org
Subject: Elements array and query/queryAll methods

Re:
http://www.w3.org/TR/domcore/#elements
http://www.w3.org/TR/domcore/#parentnode

I'm looking any resources that elaborate on the Elements collection and the query and queryAll methods of the ParentNode interface.

My understanding:

  *   Elements is a subclass of Array, so we have all the mutator functions the HTMLCollection and NodeList lack.
  *   query and queryAll allow CSS combinators to be used with the node they are invoked on.
  *   query and queryAll return Elements collection.

Questions:

  *   What use cases is Elements intended to solve the NodeList and HTMLCollection aren't suited for?
  *   What other functions return an Elements object?
  *   Will there be a "live" Elements array?
  *   Is Elements intended to replace the use of NodeList and HTMLCollection?
  *   Where can I find the UA implementation status for these features?
  *   Does anyone know of a polyfill for either?

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to point me in the right direction. I haven't been able to find anything other than the specs I linked to above.

- Eric Devine