Re: iframe@srcdoc

On 4/4/14 6:06 PM, Andry Rendy wrote:
> I thought that someone would have answered like that, but currently
> there are no user agents which fail to support user agents and those
> which do, lack the support willingly

That doesn't matter.  What matters is that there are pages with content
inside <iframe> and that if we started using it that would change the
behavior of those pages in user agents that DO support iframes.

>   - the question could be resolved changing the absurd rule that initial
> content takes precedence over embedded content: an iframe having both
> content and a src attribute could display the embedded resource

I'm willing to bet money that there are <iframe> elements with no src
initially and child content that get content inserted into them by later
seetting @src or by using document.write()...

 > or when it maps to a specific value (e.g. a document fragment
 > matching the ID of the current iframe

That would work better, yes.  That's starting to make the feature a lot
more annoying to use, though, not to mention requiring a lot more
changes to specifications (parsing, scripting, etc) to implement.

-Boris