Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

On 17/09/2013 15:46, Reinier Kaper wrote:
> That's just what breadcrumbs are, unless you want to argue that
> breadcrumbs should have a different meaning. In which case we'd probably
> need to make this a wider discussion and not refer to it as breadcrumbs
> anymore, but paths in general ;-)

Well sometimes. The term breadcrumb of course originally (and still
sometimes) refers to the other usage of being an indication of the
navigation route taken to the current page, cf Hansel and Gretel: the
path through through the wood was probably more linear than hierarchical
in nature.

Wikipedia gives both usages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_%28navigation%29

Breadcrumbs typically appear horizontally across the top of a web page,
often below title bars or headers. They provide links back to each
or—in hierarchical site structures—the parent pages of the current one

David