Re: Conformance requirements on browsers

On 9/11/13 7:17 AM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> But now I started wondering what is e.g. the status of the (widely
> supported) @background attribute in <td>. It is just mentioned in 11.2,
> in a long list of obsolete attributes, with the note "Use CSS instead."

It's also mentioned in 10.3.9:

   When a table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, td, or th element has a
   background attribute set to a non-empty value, the new value is
   expected to be resolved relative to the element, and if this is
   successful, the user agent is expected to treat the attribute as a
   presentational hint setting the element's 'background-image' property
   to the resulting absolute URL.

Seems like that pretty clearly defines the browser behavior.

-Boris