Re: is it necessary to disambiguate (using markup) inline notes,citations and original markup? [was] use of <mark> to denote notes in quoted text

hi Reinier,

anecdotal point, when I copy text to reproduce i rarely copy the underlying
code.

Which consumers of the content would be disadvantaged by the following code:

element, but this has <strong>implied semantics</strong> and is not to be
used for CSS specific purposes.</p>

or this

with the use of the span element.</p>

The meaning to real world users has not been changed.

I had a look at an online quote originally from zeldman:

Don’t worry about people stealing your design work. Worry about the day
> they stop.

depending on where i looked i found it in a h3 element, inside a blockquote
in a div in a blockquote, as link text block quoted, italicized or bolded

Did these code differences effect the meaning of the quote? I think not as
the meaning is in the way the words are strung together.

--

Regards

SteveF