RE: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

Are some of our users still on older assistive technologies? I ask because (the now out-of-date) WCAG 1.0 had a specific item[1] about avoiding adjacent links without some other character to separate them.

While WCAG 1.0 may be out of date, some people may still be using AT that is old and suffers from the very problem that conformance item was trying to solve.

My suggestion is that you should fire up a screen reader and see if it really *is* an issue to you. In a quick test with NVDA, I have to tab through every link anyway (so it's not an issue), but I am not a representative user.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/wai-pageauth.html#tech-divide-links