Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

to be precise, when a collection of items are marked up as a list the
setsize property is exposed via accessibility APIs (refer to aria-setsize
for explanation
http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/states_and_properties#aria-setsize)

--

Regards