Re: Status of application cache

From: Andrew Herrington <a.d.herrington@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:50:51 +0100
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "Horton, GaryL" <gary.horton@twcable.com>, George Sarosi <george.sarosi@twcable.com>
To: Bob Lund <B.Lund@CableLabs.com>
Hi Bob,

After receiving your email, I did some research and found this thread [1] . I think that rather than the idea of app cache being at risk it is the specification that is at risk, we should therefore hopefully see a V2 at some point.

I just finished implementing a sales tool that had to work offline due to being sales people working in remote locations. App cache made it relatively easy to achieve this so I really hope it continues to exist in some format.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2012Nov/0016.html