Re: [RESEND] suggestion: modify <small> definition

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:45:47 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
On 5/21/13 10:33 AM, Adrian Roselli wrote:

1) The recommended UA stylesheet for HTML5 contains:

   b, strong { font-weight: bolder; }

Which means that if you have decent fonts in multiple bold weights,
something like this:

will in fact have the "stronger" as bolder weight than "I am".

2) Nested emphasis, while not as well supported in HTML is commonly used
in print; typically what you will have is something like:

Where the "very" and "text" are italic and the "emphasized" is not.

3) The recommended UA stylesheet for HTML5 contains:

  small { font-size: smaller; }

so again nested <small> will in fact give you the "this is even smaller"
styling, up to a point.

-Boris