Re: Validity constraints on <section>

On 21.3.2013 22:00, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I look at it like a book's table of contents. It could have its own section
> or be used before any sections start. In books, the table of contents often
> has its own section and is listed in the table of contents. It would create
> a shadow dom with links to all the sections. In books they would also have
> page number - when printing such a Web page, page numbers could be added,
> but for online viewing they would just be links.

I think that Robin's idea of having just memory structure of outline
which can be then processed in any way is more useful. In my experience
there are too much ways in which ToC can be presented -- with/without
numbers, with/without inline formatting inherited from headers, just
some levels of headers, with more information then just headers (e.g.
also names of authors of each section), ...

If I understand to your proposal correctly shadow DOM for outline will
be constructed in one particular way which will not work for everyone.
Of course, as always there is trade off between complexity and
flexibility of approach used.

    Jirka