Re: Validity constraints on <section>

I agree we should think about tightening up the conformance requirements.

>but I think it would break too much existing content

nothing would be broken, there is no change in implementation, some stuff
(which is crufty anyway) may become non conforming if run through a
validator.

a good place to start is by looking at how it is used currently and
identifying where it is used unnecessarily/poorly etc

as a start here are 252 HTML5 pages using the section element: CSS is
applied to the pages to display section use
http://www.html5accessibility.com/HTML5data/section/section.html

PS have plenty more where that came from :-)

with regards

--
SteveF
<http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/wat-ie-about.html>