Re: Proposed extension to HTML5.1 for rollup captions

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:41 , Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:

> > I believe in this case, the actual contributors to this proposal are members of the HTML WG.
>
> That is the rub.  You believe this but what about others?  I am certainly willing to be convinced but where is the evidence?
>
> Without firm evidence to this point, I was hoping the easiest way to do this would be to simply have a FSA to reference.

I am confused.  I think that the CG is producing the VTT spec and I hope to do an FSA soon.

Silvia's proposal, though initially phrased as an annex to VTT, is actually logically independent, could probably be applied to TTML, and belongs in HTML.  And I think it's her proposal, not a consensus output of the VTT group, or resulting from ideas or text from multiple members.

I may be wrong.

If I am right, it's a simple proposal to the HTML group from a member;  inspired, perhaps, by VTT work.

> /paulc
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

David Singer