Re: A new proposal for how to deal with text track cues

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> >
> > What is clear to me is that the current design was strongly influenced by
> > the (arguably) premature conclusion that WebVTT could or should be
> developed
> > and promoted as a singular timed text content format. Such decisions were
> > clearly taken without general agreement among timed text authors and the
> > existing commercial content community, and without agreement within the
> W3C
> > itself. So saying that "we" made this decision and so forth is rather
> > presumptuous.
>
> The design of the Text Track API and WebVTT had people involved from
> all corners of the caption universe, so this is the outcome of work of
> multiple people. If you don't feel you should be included in that
> "we", you are free to interpret it as "they".

I am not talking about myself in particular. Do you have a reference to
relevant liaisons with the TTWG on the design of the Text Track API, and
whether it meets the needs of TTML? No? That's probably because AFAICT no
attempt was made to liaison with the one W3C WG that had deep expertise in
this area and would clearly have interoperability requirements. Rather odd,
isn't it... Please correct my impression if I am wrong.