RE: updated figure text - please review

For example, the <li> element has the following [1] about headings but is otherwise silent on block level elements:

"Note: While it is conforming to include heading elements (e.g. h1) inside li elements, it likely does not convey the semantics that the author intended. A heading starts a new section, so a heading in a list implicitly splits the list into spanning multiple sections."

I see heading elements being a particular risk given the notion that the <figure> can be separated from the main content (regardless of its non-sectioning role).

Also, for cases where an author includes an image, I think at least a reminder to good alt attribute practice via a hyperlink might be a good idea [2] and maybe some guidance on whether or not the alt should match or correspond to the <figcaption>.

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/grouping-content.html#the-li-element
[2] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/embedded-content-0.html#alt