Re: Staged bugs & editorial fixes for HTML5.0, and staged WHATWG patches for HTML5.1

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 7, 2013, at 3:47 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> ntroduced:
>> ======================================
>> (with Ian's patch numbers in brackets)
>>

>> How can one translate from the patch number in brackets to something that
>> will show a diff? I'm curious about some of the changes below.
>>

> What Edward said.
>
> But also: if you have a checkout, you can also do a "git log" and search
> for the patch number - it's in the commit messages.
> If you make a list of the ones you're interested in, I can dig out the
> URLs for you. The SHAs of git just seemed more unwieldy than the SVN commit
> numbers to mention them in the email.
>

> The one I was curious about was the following, which some folks noted
> already:
>
> * allow use of bitmap fonts (7587)
>
> http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7586&to=7587
>
> It looks like the change turned out to be less concerning than what folks
> thought it might be.
>
> It might be useful to include html5.org diff links and not just the patch
> numbers in future staged fix summaries, so it's easier for people to check
> what the changes actually

It's already a lengthy email and having more links throughout it might put
off even more people from reading it.

I'd prefer to have actual technical discussion threads on individual topics
if they arise, just as we did for this one. I'm happy to dig out the URLs
as they are required.

Regards,
Silvia.