HTML and spec fragmentation (W3C)

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:26:15 -0500
To: W3C Public HTML <public-html@w3.org>
A bigger issue with CSS, HTML too seems to suffer from spec
fragmentation. I’m explaining my perspective on the problem and
options in the following place simply because of the unique setup of
the different groups working on HTML and CSS:

http://meiert.com/en/blog/20131205/spec-fragmentation/

I believe for HTML, we should establish authoritative overview pages
on both the W3C and the WHATWG side (to mitigate the problem of people
not finding and comprehending all relevant documents), and to also
look into a refactoring as well as policy adjustments.

(I’m raising this as an issue on the WHATWG side separately, honoring
the different groups’ preferences.)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/