RE: Week 17 - WHATWG Patches cherry-picked to master

Finally got to this. Thanks Chaals.

https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/45530a8ed9b86a54bbdc409fbc8382e497f4bc56

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles McCathie Nevile [mailto:chaals@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 6:28 AM
To: public-html@w3.org; Travis Leithead
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer (silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com)
Subject: Re: Week 17 - WHATWG Patches cherry-picked to master

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 03:14:48 +0300, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:

> We are once again current with Ian's changes through SVN#7859 (April
> 27, 2013).

Minor editorial suggestion...

> * Make it clearer that the optional icon doesn't make sense in plain
> text (7855)
> https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/f59d435c51e19146eb68f0ecf68dc075687

> 52493

Instead of Ian's change, I think it makes more sense to suggest "an indication (such as an icon, in a visual user agent) that..."

Screenreaders have been presenting indiciators that there are images for about two decades, even though they don't use an icon and the visual content is not rendered...

cheers

Chaals