Re: Proposal for the deprecation of <blockquote>

> Perhaps you could explain, in this case, why so many discussions have
taken
> place on the subject for such a long time

>Because the thinking of the semantics for the sake of semantics (as in
>more semantics the better, since semantics are good) as opposed to
>thinking of semantics as a way of getting someone else's receiving
>software to exhibit some commonly useful behavior is a common trap for
>people to fall into.

Fortunately, I do not personally struggle with the concept of semantics re
their consumption by software.

Blockquote's lack of a clear metadata solution is an obvious anomaly
(discussed at great length here: http://html5doctor.com/blockquote-q-cite/and
http://www.projectevolution.com/activity/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-blockquote/and
http://oli.jp/2011/blockquote/) and is deserving of a clearer, simpler
solution that makes
easier work of writing and consuming blockquotes for all (human and
nonhuman alike).

Accordingly, a bug has been created to address the issue.

Thank you for taking part in the discussion and making me feel welcome on
the public-html
mailing list.