Re: [Feature Proposal] New attributes "library" and "version" on script tags

I would suggest a generic approach:

1. Permit authors to specify a hash of the decompressed,
encoding-normalized file contents, for any script, style, or image. Only
the encoding for textual mime-types should be normalized, and it must be
lossless normalization to prevent exploitation.

2. The hash must be encoded in URL-safe Base 64 (see RFC 4648
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4648#page-7)

3. The hash algorithm shall be SHA-2 512. (64 bytes).

Example: <script src="http://url"
sha2="base64-url-encoded_64_byte_hash"></script>

4. If specified, and if the downloaded, normalized file matches, the file
will be cached with high priority.

5. Any future website, app, or domain requesting the same hash (regardless
of URI associated) will be given the cached file instead, with no network
request.

6. Browsers may choose to implement higher-level caching (such as at the
AST level) to eliminate parsing costs associated with popular hashes.

Note that SHA2 has no known collisions and exceeds the cryptographic
security of most SSL implementations. It would be quite hard to break, and
certainly not the weak link. This approach would not require vendors to
include any libraries, but would provide significant performance gains for
users who opt-in. Hash verification would only be required the first time a
resource is requested; future uses would not incur any cryptographic
overhead.