Re: TextTrack API changes

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:25:22 +0200, Bob Lund <B.Lund@cablelabs.com> wrote:

> We've already implemented in-band captions for MPEG-2 TS where
> getCueAsHTML returns a valid doc fragment for Cues containing 708
> captions. We've also implemented a UA that exposes all other MPEG-2 TS
> text track data as Base64 encoded text via getCueAsText for text tracks
> not recognized by the UA. This is to provide Web applications with the
> opportunity to handle text track formats not supported by the UA. There
> is at least one 3rd party Web app developer that wants to make use of
> this feature.

Since the specification for .text and .getCueAsHTML() are defined in terms
of WebVTT, it would be useful with a proposed specification for these
features for MPEG-2 TS 708 captions and for unsupported tracks.

P.S. It would be helpful if you could use proper quoting in your emails.
Thanks.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software