Re: Week 14/15: Staged WHATWG patches for HTML5.1

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>wrote:

> hi silvia,

> ancestors (7817)
> https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/92a5ab6d36b3db8b655f88d080779bfd0f8b56a3
>
> doesn't look like this was applied and ask that it not be applied as the
> contexts in which main can be used are already defined in html 5.1 and the
> rules are implemented the validator,

It's in nightly, so just staged for publication. This is why I do these
cherry-picks - I can always revert them. However, I have a question.
This repeating information that is defined in the <main> element. Why is
that so bad to repeat it? In my view, it makes it easier for an author to
find this information.

Thanks,
Silvia.