Re: changed advice on use of h1 headings in document outline.

Hi Heydon,

I'm wondering if you ever followed up on this question. I have the same one.

It is not clear to me how the current outline algorithm mandates that
"headings never rise above other sections", though I don't doubt that
it very well might. The way the it is implemented at
http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/ is quite different from how gsnedders'
outline calculator (http://gsnedders.html5.org/outliner/) or the h5o
outliner (http://code.google.com/p/h5o/) interprets it.

I, for one, would find it very helpful for someone who properly
understands the algorithm to run through it step-by-step with the
"Feathers" example to demonstrate how it creates the outline and
explain why (or why not) the H1 that is an immediate descendant of

Whatever the correct interpretation is, this has important
consequences for how devs will mark up their pages to get a "correct"
outline.

Cheers,

Jason