Re: [HTMLWG] Decision: Adopt "Plan 2014" with modifications and make some specific related decisions

On 16.10.2012 23:46, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I would also prefer we called the spec HTML 5.0, because HTML5 stands
> for the whole idea of new Web technologies. It would be preferable if
> the HTML spec - which is just a part of that idea - had a more
> explicitly identifiable name. It also indicates that there will be a
> 5.1 etc, which signals that this time around we won't get stuck with
> an aging spec.

+1

HTML5 is loaded term. So it makes sense to use just HTML for HTML
language and each version published as W3C REC should have number 5.0,
5.1. If nothing else it will be consistent with naming conventions used
for HTML in past at W3C.

    Jirka