Re: [HTMLWG] CfC: Adopt "Plan 2014" and make some specific related decisions

hi henri,

I think to go to FPWD,  there should be broader buy-in, including from
> implementors, showing
> that the extension specification is seen as a good idea.

I think that if implementors* speak up and say we will NOT implement the
proposed feature and provide a detailed technical explanation of why, or we
would implement the feature, but think the specification should be modified
in x ways, it is reasonable that the proposed feature not become an FPWD at
that point.

* by implementors I would expect the person making the claim to be making
it with some authority, not just a random employee who may or may not be
partisan.

>I object to treating the inclusion of the hgroup name in the parsing
algorithm as being at risk

I don't think anybody has proposed this, have they?
I have proposed extension spec text, in which for authoring conformance
hgroup be made obsolete (like <center> etc),because its sole stated reason
for being in the spec in the first place is to mask subheadings from the
outline algorithm (with a knock on effect of collapsing heading semantics
in accessibility APIs) and the outline algorithm has not been implemented
(except in a borked way by the JAWS screen reader, which also does not
implement hgroups effect on the outline).

regards
Steve

--
with regards