Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

On 27.11.2012 7:28, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> Or does anyone here think that creating an ISO standard for Office Open
> XML in addition to the the ISO standard for Open Document Format was a
> good thing? (Representatives of Microsoft please do not raise your hands
> :-)

Yes me, because then both could again compete on features and not on
rubber stamps. Of course, ideally neither of those two should be ISO
standard, both are too immature in some aspects.

I'm far from being Microdata fan. OTOH for past 13 years W3C makes
constant mistake by resisting and pushing RDF based technology. There
are several serious design flaws in RDF/SemanticWeb concept and instead
of fixing them W3C is trying to embrace larger space by this technology.
Because of this I think it is vital if Microdata could proceed to REC.
Market and users will decide what's more suitable for them.

    Jirka