Re: Meta element to prevent resending post data

28.01.2012, 02:11, "Kornel Lesiński" <kornel@geekhood.net>:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:56:24 -0000, Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com
> <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>>  For even more clarity, see also branch of my discussion with Tab:
>>
>>  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0168.html
>
> Ahh, OK. I see now. That's slightly different from what I've assumed —
> Sorry!
>
> That issue is, without POST-redirect-GET, an unsolved problem in current
> browsers indeed. It is served well by the status 303 redirect though.
>
> So for a legacy "header-challenged" CMS perhaps a bit of JavaScript could
> work around the problem? In a response to POST (but not GET) request
> include:
>
> <script>location = location</script>
>
> That should be roughly equivalent to status 303 redirect.
>
> --
> regards, Kornel Lesiński

Of course, both "refresh" meta-element and JS-reload workarounds are more or less acceptable _currently_. But I here am trying to propose better solutions than those available currently (here is not a forum to solve immediate specific tasks, here is spec-development mailing-list dedicated to design some kind of future). If we don't need redirect on specific page, then there should be no need for extra-request delay, regardless of particular CMS. Isn't it?