RE: HTML5 Citations, References, Equation References and Footnotes

HTML5 Working Group,
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis,
 Hello.  Some use cases include scholarly and scientific communication, encyclopedias, digital textbooks, websites such as arXiv and CiteSeer, information search and retrieval, content discovery, and citation graphs.