Re: HTML5 design philosophy disconnect

Hi Ryosuke,

> In the grand scheme of things, 11 months is a very short period of time in
> the UA development cycle. We have serious bugs/issues that haven't been
> worked on for 3-5 years despite of the repeated complaints from users and
> developers. If you're so inclined, we welcome your patch.

it is not a question of inclination more a question of ability. I am
not asking that implementers move faster than they do, though it would
be nice, I am arguing that where features are only partially
implemented and that partial implementation is over an extended
period, by not providing such information to developers, specifiers do
a disservice to users and developers.

If the HTML5 spec is meant to only serve implementer's, then it should
not be taken into consideration, but this is clearly not the case, it
also provides normative requirements and informative information to
developers/authors, such requirements and information should be based
on the best real world data available, not on what specifiers wish for
the features.

regards
stevef

--