Re: HTML5 design philosophy disconnect

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> When will specifiers give users and developers the same level of
> consideration in the provision of useful practical information as is
> afforded implementors?

Assuming that implementors are not unwilling to implement a given
feature, its status can reflected directly in the spec based on test
cases. For example at -

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/forms.html#the-label-element

- the implementation status note for WebKit explains that WebKit trunk
does not pass all the relevant test cases.

I'd hope to see similar such notes in the accessibility API mapping
specification, again based on test cases.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/file/c807d2d4da84/tests/ is where the HTML
test suite is currently living by the way.

In summary, accurate information about implementation status can (and
I think should) be surfaced in specifications but depends on test
suites.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis