Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

David brings up the interesting issue of support for content protection in the existing spec. I have related questions for David and the proposal authors:

David Singer:
1. How would the application and user agent communicate the particular content-protection scheme? Would it be in the source element type and/or codecs attributes? Can you give a concrete example?

2. How would the application key server connect to the user-agent key client?

3. Are there any examples deployed, prototyped or proposed for a specific content protection system using HTML5 in this manner?

David Dorwin, Adrian Bateman, Mark Watson:
1. Can you provide a functionality comparison of content protection using the current specs vs. with your proposal?

Thanks,
mav