Re: CfC: Adopt Issue31cMetaGeneratorUpdated by Amicable Resolution

On 08/22/2012 09:07 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> *Note* this resolution leaves ISSUE-206: meta-generator OPEN *note*
>
> ---
>
> We continue to have multiple active proposals for ISSUE 206
> meta-generator.  The chairs have been looking at ways to divide and
> conquer the remaining areas of disagreement.
>
> One thing all of the proposals on the table have in common is that they
> remove the current generator exception.  As such, the chairs are issuing
> a call for consensus on the following Change Proposal:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/Issue31cMetaGeneratorUpdated
>
> If anybody would like to raise an objection during
> this time, we will require them to accompany their objection with a
> concrete and complete change proposal which retains the current exception.
>
> If no objections are raised to this call by August 30th, 2012, we will
> direct the editors to make the proposed change, and will only consider
> subsequently reopening this issue based on new information and a
> complete change proposal based on the spec's contents as it exists after
> this change is applied.
>
> Should this resolution pass, issue 206 will remain open as we evaluate
> the remaining proposals.  People who wish to do so choice to submit null
> change proposals based on the state of this spec after this proposal is
> applied or change proposals to defer this feature to HTML.next.

The only feedback we received was to interpret this proposal narrowly,
and that is acceptable.

This call passes.  Bug 9212 will be REOPENED and marked as WGDecision,
and the editors will be directed to make this change.

Bug 9212 will continue to be marked as TrackerIssue and Issue 206 will
remain open even after this change is applied.  This means that bug 9212
could conceivable be reopened once again.

- Sam Ruby