Timing of ISSUE-152 (was Re: Agenda: HTML-A11Y Media Subteam on 30 March at 22:00Z for 90 Minutes)

[sending to public-html for wider review]

This issue is an important one for the IE team and we'd like to see progress towards
including changes in the spec before Last Call based on the existing timetable. The
current discussion is helpful and I believe that we've all learned from the last
couple of weeks.

The issue status page [1] shows 6 other surveys in progress at the moment and I don't
think it's necessary for this issue to be forced to move forward at the same time.
I would like to suggest a little time for Change Proposals to be updated with the
recent new information before proceeding with the survey. This should be at least
one week.

Please can the chairs consider this proposal as a compromise between moving forward with
the existing survey and postponing the whole issue until after Last Call?

Thanks,

Adrian.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html