RE: change proposals for issue-152

We've been looking at how inband metadata tracks can be labeled so that the application understands what type of metadata is in a particular metadata text track. Our thought was to leave "kind" = metadata and set "label" to a descriptive string based on other relevant specification, as suggested in step 2 of WHAT WG web-apps 4.8.10.12.2 Sourcing in-band text tracks. Setting "kind" instead, as suggested, would seem to be a reasonable alternative..

I agree that it seems the UA need never know what these strings mean, only how to generate them.

Bob Lund