Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-101 us-ascii-ref

On 03/15/2011 01:39 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 15.03.2011 18:28, Sam Ruby wrote:

>>> So do you consider the reference to be non-normative?
>>
>> All I will say is that the Chairs believe that the Group has duly
>> considered the legitimate concerns of dissenters as far as is possible
>> and reasonable, and that the group SHOULD move on.
>>
>> If you wish to pursue this further, I suggest that you present new
>> information as described by the decision, and accompany this information
>> with a Change Proposal. I also encourage you to review the objections
>> that were made to the previous proposal and to work with the individuals
>> that made those objections.
>
> Sam,
>
> the chair decision seems to be based on the assumption that the
> reference isn't normative, and thus RFC 1345 is "good enough". I'm
> *just* trying to understand the decision, because understanding it
> properly is necessary to decide what to do next.

The quote "good enough" appears nowhere in the decision.

I repeat: if you wish to pursue this further, I suggest that you present
new information as described by the decision, and accompany this
information with a Change Proposal. I also encourage you to review the
objections that were made to the previous proposal and to work with the
individuals that made those objections.

Once we have an actual Change Proposal in hand, we can discuss this
further.  Until then, the Chairs believe that the Group has duly
considered the legitimate concerns of dissenters as far as is possible
and reasonable, and that the group SHOULD move on.

> Best regards, Julian

- Sam Ruby