Re: Window security policy

On 18/07/11 14:56, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 7/18/11 9:32 AM, Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:
>> Our current implementation follows WebKit (primarily because of
>> implementation simplicity), but that can trivially be changed to
>> throwing, which on the whole I think would be the nicest solution if it
>> weren't for the apparent inconsistency it would introduce (and therefore
>> spec complexity).
>
> What's the apparent inconsistency?
>
> Note that this is not specific to Window. Location has a bunch of
> similar constraints, at the very least.

To impl it in spec terms you'd have to have accessing [[Prototype]]
throw, no?

My understanding is that [[Prototype]] being object or null (and not a
SpecOp) means that it must be one of those two, even for host objects.
Or are host objects allowed to have different value type domains for
internal properties? My reading of ES5.1 is that they aren't allowed to.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon — Opera Software
<http://gsnedders.com>