Re: hit testing and retained graphics

Hi ben,

Also, in practice, such AT tends to have additional features like
reading out the text in focus, re-rendering the text at higher zoom.
Remote AT is better placed to do those things,
and I think users would expect those features to work. So I'm not sure
of the advantage of taking a slice of current functionality and trying
to deliver that to local AT?

it is true screen magnifiers come in all shapes and sizes, i myself have
zoomtext 9.1 magnifier/reader. I have friends who have only the magnifier
version as they don't want or require the reading function.

Providing such a basic feature as programatic focus on areas of the canvas
will be the difference between interactive canvas content being usable or
unusable for some users.

regards
stevef

--