Re: ISSUE-144 (conforming-u): Chairs Solicit Proposals

On 01/26/2011 02:45 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> Hi HTML WG,
>
> Sorry for bring up this old and non-technical issue.
>
>> This should be separated out into two separate proposals.
> I decided on one of the two suggestions I proposed, that is, make all
> semantically. I hope this won't be considered non-orthogonal to the
> raised issue as this affects <b> and <i> as well.

Filing bug reports on <b> and <i> at this time would be helpful.  This
could result in a range of things happening from amicable consensus to
this issue being considered as something that is to be resolved during
last call instead of before last call.

Meanwhile, I encourage you to update the proposal to match what you
intend to pursue.

Anybody who wishes to advocate the proposal that <u> is redefined as a
semantic element is welcome to do so -- as a separate proposal.  Feel
free to reuse portions of the original proposal to the extent it makes
sense to do so.

- Sam Ruby