Re: HTML 5 (sic) and A11y

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:21:39 +0100, Joshue O Connor
<joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie> wrote:
> Yes, but from an a11y focus. The lack of vendor involvement in the spec
> development, and this latest move will make the resolution of issues
> such as <canvas> etc much harder. We shall see if this is the case in
> time, I guess.

Vendors not being involved sounds like the real problem here. And
historically snapshot-based specifications have not helped with that.
Witness some of the accessibility features added in HTML4. You have to
design something that all parties are interested in supporting. (Just
stating some general observations here; not trying to say anything about
<canvas> as frankly I am not too familiar with the current state of
affairs.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/