Re: Tech Discussions on the Multitrack Media (issue-152)

On Feb 10, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:26 AM, Eric Carlson wrote:
>

>>   I agree with Mark, we need to make it possible for script to discover and configure non-text tracks internal to the media resource.

> It seems like option 7 could also work with this model, since auxiliary media resources are still referenced via a <track> element.

  Option 7 will work for including alternate audio and video encodings, but it won't help with alternate caption file formats. We could pull in external audio and video media from other media elements and use <source> elements inside of <track> to support multiple caption formats, but that is inconsistent and I think it will be confusing for authors.

eric