Re: ISSUE-122 shalott-example: Call for revisions

On Feb 7, 2011, at 12:39 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:

> On 2/7/11, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 7, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Laura Carlson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Maciej,

>>> Can my proposal for issue 122 proposal be considered for issue 31 instead?
>>
>> ISSUE-31 is about the normative authoring requirements for alt, and already
>> has a huge number of proposals and many sub-issues. I think it would be
>> better not to add complexity to the resolution of that issue.
>>
>> - Maciej
>>

>>> It would seem to fit in the scope of the third question of that issue:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices#3._Text_Alternative_Examples_Question:_.22Where.2Fwho_will_define_requirements_on_the_possible_values_of_text_alternatives_examples.3F.22

First, let me note that this set of questions is in no way official or endorsed by the chairs. The text of ISSUE-31 itself is about machine-checkable authoring conformance criteria: <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31>. It does not say anything about examples.

However, since the chairs have not yet made an official ruling on whether this question is in scope...

> Then will the decision for issue 31 be closed without prejudice? My
> proposal covers the same question as:
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/ImgElementSurveyConformaceChoices#3._Text_Alternative_Examples_Question:_.22Where.2Fwho_will_define_requirements_on_the_possible_values_of_text_alternatives_examples.3F.22

Does your ISSUE-122 Change Proposal take a distinct position on this question from any of the existing proposals? From the chart you link, it seems to match Proposal 9.  I think adding more redundant proposals to ISSUE-31 is not helpful at this stage.

Regards,
Maciej