Re: ISSUE-145 codecs-vs-octet - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

On 02/04/2011 10:20 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 04.02.2011 16:08, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> ...
>> Right, this is exactly my problem. Not everyone likes the status quo,
>> but you oppose radically changing the status quo in favor of a more
>> minor change and only allow voting on the minor change. The "consensus"
>> might end up being that minor change or no change. And then of course a
>> radical change introduced later will undermine that "consensus", except
>> consensus was never there to begin with.
>  > ...

Anne, you previously agreed to this process.  If you have a problem with 
the process itself, I encourage you to write up a bug report.

> I do not oppose at all. All I'm saying is that if you want a radical
> change, you should raise a bug for that change.


I previously stated such[1].  Maciej has stated that informally he 
agrees[2].  At the present time, it seems highly likely that we will not 
entertain the NoVideoContentType content type proposal at this time.  If 
a bug is filed and the resolution of that bug is not satisfactory this 
could lead to a Last Call issue and ultimately to decision.

I see zero reason to halt progress on this issue speculatively because 
of something that might or might not happen at some point in the future.

> BR, Julian


Received on Friday, 4 February 2011 15:39:33 UTC